Friday, October 7, 2011

Skiing abroad - Austria

After many years skiing in Spain, my family and I decided to try something different and ski abroad. A lot of people had talked really well about Austria, and so we started to look at prices. At the beginning we thought it would be a very expensive trip, but thanks to the cheap flights to Munich, and the very affordable appartments, the trip seemed to be possible.

We found the appartment in the little town of Lanersbach, a small town in the beautiful valley of Tux. It is very close to the highway, so the access was easy. The people from the hotel were very nice since the first day, and even if their English was not too good, we understood each other.


To ski there, in the valley, we bought a ski pass that gave us access to 600km of skiing surface, something amazing! So we were crazy to do everything as fast as possible...


Have you ever skied abroad before? Would you like to know and see a little bit more about Austria? Tell me and I'll post more things about it! ;)

6 comments:

  1. Irene! What fun the previous post! Regarding this, it seems incredible that you had the opportunity to do a sport so cool in a place so beautiful! Have you got any photos? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds fun! I'd love to go visit Austria some time.. The thing is I don't know how to ski :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope one day I will find the time to ski... It sounds really fun! Maybe we can all go one day as an extra activity!!! I agree with Ana, upload some pictures! (especially the ones with you falling down! I'm pretty sure you have some!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the comments! Yes I have pictures, so as soon as I get home I will publish some ;). And I think doing a ski day as part of the class is a GREAT idea, I can give you all a lesson or two =).

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will be hide in your suitcase in your next trip!! I'm not really heavy!! :-)

    ReplyDelete